Our client portfolio includes a range of charitable organisation from small Trusts through to trading companies running their own facilities. In recent years there has been a substantial introduction of legislation in this sector and we have experience in advising Trustees of the implications and effects of the legislation.
One of the trends in recent years as a result of this new legislation has been the switch from audit to independent examination. This enables smaller charitable organisations to avoid the sometime onerous and more costly audit process whilst still having an independent outside party examine the accounts.
Our charities team is happy to assist with:
- audit or examination of charity accounts
- bookkeeping on a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis
- management accounts on a monthly, quarterly or six monthly basis
- payroll preparation on a weekly or monthly basis and all year end returns
- vat returns
- preparing budgets and financial projections
- grant applications
- risk assessments
- completion of OSCR annual and monitoring returns
- advice on gift aid
- implementation of appropriate record keeping and accounting software